Who is this program for?
A chief complaint of many medical cannabis patients is that the product they tried did not have the intended or expected effect. In many cases, physicians do not provide patients with adequate information on recommended cannabis products. This often puts dispensary workers in a position where they are making suggestions with little knowledge of how a particular product might benefit or harm a patient with a specific condition. The reality is, most dispensary workers have no training or experience beyond sales. Thus, it is imperative for patients to have access to knowledgeable dispensary staff who can discuss the ways in which cannabis constituents and products can be used safely and effectively for various medical conditions.
By the end of this course, dispensary workers—including budtenders and inventory and store managers—will be able to describe the anatomy and physiology of the cannabis plant. Additionally, course participants will be able to interpret Certificates of Analysis to assist patients in selecting the most appropriate products for their specific conditions.
Why Choose a Career in Medicinal Cannabis?
The medicinal cannabis industry has grown rapidly in recent years and is projected to continue its rapid growth over the next decade. The medicinal cannabis industry has grown due to a number of factors, including an increase in public acceptance of cannabis use for medicinal purposes, the legalization of medicinal cannabis in many states, and advancements in scientific research on cannabis. Additionally, more and more patients are turning to medicinal cannabis as a safe and effective alternative to traditional pharmaceuticals. As such, understanding the scientific basis for the efficacy of various cannabis products is essential for dispensary associates. Additionally, staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends and rationale behind the use of medicinal cannabis can help dispensary associates provide customers with accurate and up-to-date information on various cannabis products.
This program is carefully designed to aid cannabis dispensary associates in gaining knowledge on the various aspects of Medicinal Cannabis Science through interactive activities, videos, quizzes, and real-life scenarios.
Module 1 – The History and Overview of the Cannabis Plant
Module 2 - The Endocannabinoid System
Module 3 - Terpenes and Other Non-cannabinoid Constituents
Module 4 - Methods of Administration
Module 5 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Inflammation
Module 6 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Chronic Pain
Module 7 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Epilepsy, MS, ALS, and Parkinson’s Disease
Module 8 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Anorexia/Cachexia, PTSD, and Anxiety
This program will equip learners with the following skills:
- Product content knowledge
- Product use knowledge
- Ability to educate consumers/customers
- Sales skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Active Listening skills
- Business planning/inventory forecasting skills
- Reading graphs, charts, and numerical results
This program will equip learners with the following work competencies:
- Identify and explain the functions of the cannabis constituents (including cannabinoids and terpenes) to a patient.
- Analyse certificate of analysis laboratory results to compare products.
- Explain the general dosing rule/guideline for cannabis products and the potential negative results that can occur for patients who do not follow the dosing guideline.
- Evaluate a patient’s need/wishes related to medical cannabis use and outcomes with potential benefits and risks/adverse results of various products.
- Communicate information about potential cannabis products and their potential benefits and risks to the patient, allowing the patient to make an informed decision.
- Analyze patient use patterns and needs as related to dispensary inventory supplies.
Still Have Questions?
This is an eight-week program that will require about 5 to 6 hours of dedicated time per week.
No. Micro-credentials are not transferrable for credit. These are skills-based training programs that differ from a traditional college course.
- No refund will be issued if the student has paid in full or in part and has logged in to the LMS with the login credentials.
- A student with access to the course will not be eligible for refunds. Access entails logging in to the course.
- A student is allowed a full refund of the purchase price within 24 hrs. if the user does not log in to the LMS.
- No refunds are allowed after 24 hrs. of purchase, even if the student does not log in to the course indefinitely.
No, there are no assignment deadlines. There is, however, a prescribed pace for timely completion as learners will have a set number of weeks to complete the credential.
Micro-credentials are self-paced and do not require the learner to attend class at a certain time each week. Learners should expect to spend 5-6 hours per week engaging with the course at their own pace.
Students will receive a certificate of completion.
Please feel free to use any of these options to reach out to us. We would love to hear from you!
Call us at (781) 968-5818
Email us at WSU.Admissions@focusedusolutions.com
Fill out the form at the bottom of this page
Use the chat to connect with one of our counselors
Want to learn more?