Medicinal Cannabis Science
for Dispensary Associates
Mastering medical cannabis: elevate dispensary associates with cutting-edge science.
Enabling Customer Care and Product Knowledge
A chief complaint of many medical cannabis patients is that the product they tried did not have the intended or expected effect. This often puts dispensary workers in a position where they are making suggestions with little knowledge of how a particular product might benefit or harm a customer. Most dispensary workers have no training or experience beyond sales. Customers must have access to knowledgeable dispensary staff who can discuss the ways in which cannabis constituents and products can be used safely and effectively.
By the end of this course, dispensary workers will be able to describe the anatomy and physiology of the cannabis plant. Additionally, course participants will be able to interpret Certificates of Analysis to assist patients in selecting the most appropriate products for their specific conditions.
- Course Overview
- Program Modules
- Job Titles
- Learning Objectives
This program is carefully designed to aid cannabis dispensary associates in gaining knowledge on the various aspects of Medicinal Cannabis Science through interactive activities, videos, quizzes, and real-life scenarios.
Module 1 – The History and Overview of the Cannabis Plant
Module 2 - The Endocannabinoid System
Module 3 - Terpenes and Other Non-cannabinoid Constituents
Module 4 - Methods of Administration
Module 5 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Inflammation
Module 6 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Chronic Pain
Module 7 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Epilepsy, MS, ALS, and Parkinson’s Disease
Module 8 - Medical Cannabis Recommendation for Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Anorexia/Cachexia, PTSD, and Anxiety
What Jobs Relate to this Course?
This program will equip learners with the following skills:
- Product content knowledge
- Product use knowledge
- Ability to educate consumers/customers
- Sales skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Active Listening skills
- Business planning/inventory forecasting skills
- Reading graphs, charts, and numerical results
This program will equip learners with the following work competencies:
- Identify and explain the functions of the cannabis constituents (including cannabinoids and terpenes) to a patient.
- Analyse certificate of analysis laboratory results to compare products.
- Explain the general dosing rule/guideline for cannabis products and the potential negative results that can occur for patients who do not follow the dosing guideline.
- Evaluate a patient’s need/wishes related to medical cannabis use and outcomes with potential benefits and risks/adverse results of various products.
- Communicate information about potential cannabis products and their potential benefits and risks to the patient, allowing the patient to make an informed decision.
- Analyze patient use patterns and needs as related to dispensary inventory supplies.